This juicy garlic smeared Tri-Tip Roast is the perfect meat for a gracious dinner, yummy brunch sandwich’s or a burrito. This a great recipe for the BBQ Grill or pop it in the oven.
- Preheat oven 350.
- Cut just the very tops off of garlic clove.
- Put 3 teaspoons of real butter on top of each cluster of cloves or you can drizzle olive oil.
- Roast Garlic for approx. 55 minutes or until skins are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and wait 20 minutes or until cool to touch.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves out of the skins into a bowl.
- Smash the garlic with fork, this will leave the garlic soft and pliable to spread over the top of the Tri-Tip Roast.
- Add salt and coarse pepper in the bowl and mix well.
- Place the roast fat side up in pan. If the roast has more than 1/2 inch of FAT, cut excess off.
- Spread the garlic mix over entire roast evenly and entire roast is covered.
- Seal the plate with saran wrap or a baggie and leave in refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours. I prefer 48 hours.
- Remove the roast from refrigerator and let it come to room temperature, approx. 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees or warm BBQ to 350 degrees.
- Remove plastic wrap from roast.
ORBBQ: Place on top rack of grill and BBQ for 45 minutes. Do not Flip the meat, all the garlic will fall off.
- Remove from oven or BBQ and transfer to a plate and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice on diagonal and enjoy
Did you know that walking can help our bodies fight off the Common cold and Flu?
- A Simple short brisk 5 minute walk after lunch can keep that bug away.
- Walking every day for 5 or 10 minutes. If you have longer, even better. It keeps the circulation in your legs healthy. Healthy legs, Healthy Life.
- Exercises your heart with lite cardio. No strenuous exercises.
- Stanford researchers found that walking boosts creative inspiration. They examined creativity levels of people while they walked versus while they sat. A person’s creative output increased by an average of 60 percent when walking.
- Walking improves cardiac risk factors such as cholesterol, blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, vascular stiffness and inflammation, and mental stress.
- If cardiac protection and a lower death rate are not enough to get you moving, consider that walking and other moderate exercise programs also help protect against dementia, peripheral artery disease, obesity, diabetes, depression, colon cancer, and even erectile dysfunction.
ARE YOU READY… Living Healthy Pays off in The Long Run…..
Walking it off
Exercise burns calories. In the case of walking and running, the calories you burn depend much more on the distance you cover and your body weight than on your pace. This table shows calories burned per mile of walking or jogging on the level for people of varying weights:
A hundred or so calories a mile might not seem like much, but they can add up to better weight control. For example, a 2009 study of 4,995 men and women found that the average American gains about 2.2 pounds a year during middle age. But during the 15-year study, people who walked gained significantly less weight than those who didn’t; the more walking, the less weight gain. And the benefit was greatest in the heaviest individuals. For example, walking for just 35 minutes a day saved a 160-pound person about 18 pounds of flab over 15 years of aging.
Approximate calories per mile
- Regular daily walking has been found to trigger an anti-aging process and help repair old DNA
- Those who engaged in daily moderate exercise, such as a brisk walk, experienced anti-aging benefits that could add an additional three to seven years to your life
- Recommended 20-minute daily walk to reap these benefits, but try striving to walk 10,000 steps a day is a better goal
- Walking is an essential movement that we all require, ideally in addition to a regular exercise program
- Activities like running and working out can reduce anxiety and improve your mood. It’s not just vigorous exercise, however, that has these kinds of benefits. A new study published found that walking may be an effective way to alleviate depression.
- Endorphins are your body’s pain-inhibiting hormones, and exercise walking can spur their release. This means that walking not only helps you maintain your functional capabilities, but it can also reduce your chronic lower back pain.
Make your own home made “Preservative Free” garlic powder.
- Organic Large Garlic Cloves
- Small knife
- Chopping Board
- Empty Spice Jar
- Small Cuisinart
Chocolate Berry Delight
Easy as 1-2-3
These are the supplies you will need:
- Brownie Mix … Duncan Hines-Betty Crocker any one will do.
- Whip Cream
- 12″ x 9″ pan
Bake your brownies as directed on box, cut into even squares. 2 cuts down length and 3 cuts on width of pan. Let them cool in the pan before removing them. The brownies can be made a day in advance.
Place one brownie on the bottom and layer with sliced strawberries, whip cream on top, place another brownie on top and layer with strawberries and your whip cream. Go around the edge between the 2 layers of brownies with whip cream and place a full berry on top or you can slice them. If you want to dazzle it up a little, drizzle a bit of melted chocolate over the top of the entire dessert and plate. Simple easy dessert.