Tuna Review: Target Market Pantry Solid White Albacore in Water
12 ounce can of Dolphin Safe $2.79 on SALE $1.99 (Hawaii) This is a good deal for the price. Most of the 12 ounce cans of tuna from the “Big” markets are of lesser quality compared to your name brands. So far this is one is good quality. Name brands prices run any where from $5.99 to $14.99 for a 12 ounce can. I am sure it is cheaper for other states.
“Hey my tuna tastes like Vegetables”…Just kidding..
Not sure why the ingredients include vegetable brooth when it says in water? I thought we wanted it to taste like tuna?
Ingredients vary from manufacture. This can contains: Albacore Tuna, Water, Vegetable Broth, Salt, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate. May also contain Bones.
It does not say what country it was processed or caught in. Mystery fish are becoming more prevalent in our society. Not all Tuna is alike… It does say it CONTAINS TUNA… Hahahahaha. Actually I thought it was a very good tuna for the price.
There are 3 servings per can. I add pickles and Mayo so I get more like 5 servings… I love sweet gherkin pickles. OOohhhh So Yummy!! Ok back to the facts.
90 Calories per serving when drained. A Healthy 1/3 cup of Tuna per serving.
Wow I did not realize tuna had Cholesterol. Each serving of this Tuna has 30 mg. I thought we ate tuna to lower our Cholesterial? Now I am confused.
It says it only has 1 Gram of Fat. Which fat? It does not say. But you do get a touch of Potassium 200mg, Vitamin D 1.1 mcg and Iron 0.4mg.
Sodium is at 280mg. No Carbs, No Fiber, No sugars and No Added Sugars.
Great News 19 grams of Protein and 220 mg per serving of DHA & EPA OMEGA-3 are present.
The good thing with Target’s Brand, Market Pantry Solid White Albacore Tuna is that there is no Soy added. Bumble Bee Tuna adds Soy and is about $4 more a can here.
If you are adding Mayo and Or Pickles get the nutritional information from the labels on the containers and watch those calories bump up. Don’t forget the bread, crackers or what ever vessel your delivery will be to your mouth has to be counted. Slimmest delivery system is a spoon… Zero calories.
Are you ready to take on the task of painting and a slight remodel?
Many home owners are choosing to remodel instead of relocation. I am on that journey now. WeeWHOOOOOOO!!!
BY: Cynthia Stanard February 16, 2018
If you are remodeling please make sure to check the contractor’s license. If you are using a “Handy Man” make sure you get references and check them. Don’t get scammed or fooled because of a good “DEAL”.
Like my Daddy told me, “Just because it’s cheap, Don’t mean it’s good.
There are many scammers out there so “BE AWARE“ of who you are dealing with. You may want to check online @Google. Just enter the company name or person’s name. Check with the Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org) to see if they are in “good standing”.
If you are just starting to think about remodeling you might want to check out one of the many www.HGTV.com home remodeling shows. They have great ideas for all areas of the home. And if you are interested in tackling the project yourself don’t forget to check out www.youtube.com videos on DIY videos. They have step by step videos by many professionals on everything.
If you are going to do the project yourself and are using a “Warehouse” type to buy your products, I would choose my own wood and other items and have the order delivered or I would go through a reputable wood supplier to choose and deliver.
Talking about getting screwed… Today’s story starts off at receiving a sub-standard product on an order that was recently handpicked by Home Depot order pullers. Delivery was great by Hawaiian Movers; I do believe that’s who it was.
For the past 17 years I have dealt with HPM Building Supply and Argus Building Supply located in Hilo. Building my house I bought my lumber from Argus Building Supply and HPM. The lumber all came in great shape. No split pieces, end pieces or chunks of missing wood. Throughout the years I have continued to order wood from Argus and HPM. Not one time did I receive anything close to Home Depot’s poor quality. I rate Argus and HPM pickers at a 10 compared to Home Depot.
Home Depot takes a 3 on a scale of low 1 to 10 high. Not sure how they train there pullers at Home depot, but what a disappointment. Most of my 1x4x12 was scrap wood. Not one of them came with one decent face that wasn’t tore up in some fashion. That’s if it was not a first cut after the bark is stripped, banding marks, grease or oil on the boards, most of the boards had the 1” side face was ripped off. The other lumber rates about a 6. I have always gone and chosen my own wood and packed into my truck. But this time I figured they could handle it. Obviously I was wrong… And was I going to wait for another delivery… no.
My first step in my remodeling project was to paint the exterior and replace the trim on my house. I expected to sand with 100 grit sandpaper and add minor putty as usual. I had to putty and sand every board with 40 grade sandpaper and finish with a smooth surface with 100 grade sandpaper. The wood was so bad I should have returned it. The wood actually needed to be put through a planer, sides and corners remade with wood putty. I used 3 large cans of wood putty from Ace Hardware in Keaau and 3 days of sanding @8 hours a day. Home Depot only had plastic wood putty to repair the boards. I prefer the real deal. All I can say is thank god I am very experienced in finishing carpentry.
Speaking of ACE hardware Keaau, the staff is very knowledgeable. They really know their stuff. They also carry Shindawa Weed Eaters. Best for the Jungle. I have been through 5 craftsman weed eaters. One Shindawa that was used for 7 years, until it was stolen. Also ACE brand Metal Rust paint is very good.
Now with the new exterior paint by BEHR Marque Semi-Gloss, I have confidence the exterior house paint will last another 12 Years if not more as stated. The paint guy was spot on at Home Depot I give him a 10. Also the exterior Primer and Paint in one by BEHR is awesome also. I use exterior paint for the interior also. So will see how long this paint lasts. Check out my reviews on Painting Your House 101.
The Journey living in Hawaii. I built my own house from cutting trees to clearing land and building from the ground up. Learning along the way what will withstand the harsh salty air and the brutal rain storms. I am glad I was smart when I chose stucco for my exterior walls. It seems like other materials have gone to ruin in some way or another. Every piece of metal has rusted and flaked away into dust. Any wood exposed to the elements has deteriorated into spongy nothings. Constant Maintenance, everything needs to be painted or replaced here after a few years. I can’t tell you how many BBQS that I have laid to rest because of rust. I thank my luck stars that I have plenty of experience in all facets of construction, maintenance and the remodeling trades.
Until now, most projectors used either LED, LCD or DLP as the light source and they all possessed one bothersome problem: Focus needed to be adjusted manually. This was especially a big problem for portable projectors since they were meant to be carried around and the user had to adjust the focus every single time
Finally, a portable projector that doesn’t require focus adjustment came out with laser technology. Focus-free meant that projected image was never out of focus, no matter what surface it was displayed on. Laser technology also made it possible for the projector to produce vivid colors incomparable to those by other LED, LCD and DLP projectors
There are currently 3 portable laser projectors in the world: SK Telecom’s UO Smart Beam Laser, S company, and C company. S and C use technology very similar to that of an electron gun. One can see through a camera lens, electron beam wave flowing on the projected image like an analog TV. This laser beam can cause serious harm to human eye
The team behind the creation of UO Smart Beam Laser invented a highly-advanced laser technology that is completely safe to human eye. The Class 1 Laser used in the projector is registered with FDA. UO Smart Beam Laser’s ingenious focus free and harmless laser technology has earned itself the 2016 CES Innovative Award
UO Smart Beam Laser is the only true portable projector in the world that can be used anywhere without a screen, used by children without worries, connect with various devices (smartphone, tablet, computer, media player, action camera, etc.) to enjoy crisp and vivid image with wireless & wired options
UO Smart Beam Laser is world’s One and Only FDA-Registered Class 1 Eye-safe Laser Projector and 2016 CES Innovative Product Award Winner. It’s completely safe for human eye. Portable 2 inch cube projects up to 150 inch HD screen in complete dark area. Simply connect UO with Wi-Fi or cables to smartphone, tablet, laptop, pc, media player or any other devices to play video, audio, picture, presentation, etc. Use it on any surface at anytime and anywhere because it’s portable Wi-Fi Wireless & FOCUS FREE!
Please visit KDCUSA webiste to get more information on technical support and warranty service.
– Product Name: UO Smart Beam Laser
– Projection Screen Size: 20” ~ 150” (Size controlled only by the projection distance)
– ideal Projection Distance: 2ft ~ 8ft
– Throw Ratio: 1:1.5
– Brightness: Max.100 Lumens
– Resolution: Input up to 4K and output HD 720p (1280 X 720)
– Aspect Ratio: 16:9, 4:3
– Contrast Ratio: 400:1 (Television 2500:1)
– Optical Engine Type: Laser light source using LCoS panel
– Laser Class: Class 1 Laser (Eye Safe)
– Power: USB cable, 110~220 Vac.
– Dimensions: 2.2 inch X 2.2 inch X 2.2 inch
– Weight: 0.43 Lbs. (6.88 oz.), 1.10 Lbs. w/packaging (17.6 oz.)
– Video/Audio Input: Wire (HDMI/MHL), Wireless (Smart View, Miracast, Airplay)
*** UO must be updated to the latest Firm Ware 1.1.8 to connect with Airplay
– Battery Type: Built-in Lithium-Polymer (4200mAh )
– Battery Life: 2 hours. (4 hours for full charge)
– Laser Diode Life: 10,000 hours
– Op Temp & Humidity: 10°C~40°C;, 15%~85%
– Speaker: Built-in 1 watt (Compatible to use with external speaker only if your devices supports Bluetooth)
ATTN iOS (Apple) users: Although UO Smart Beam Laser can be connected to iOS devices wirelessly via Airplay (*** UO must be updated to the latest Firm Ware 1.1.8), streaming video contents from websites and mobile applications such as Netflix (Paid contents) are blocked from Airplay. Thus, we strongly recommend iOS users to use a set of cables *Certified Micro HDMI cable and an ** Apple adapter designed for your specific device to ensure your ultimate viewing experience.
* ** Must be sold separately.
*** UO must be updated to the latest Firm Ware 1.1.8 in order to connect wirelessly with iPhone or iPad.
HOW TO USE UO SMART BEAM LASER:
– Charing the UO: We recommend charging the device using the original cable and power plug. Once it’s fully charged, it’d show green light on the power button. You can use it while charging the UO. It last about 2 hours wirelessly.
– How to Turn it on and off: Simply press the main button for 3 seconds to turn it on. Project it on the wall to see what mode you are on. To turn off UO, disconnect the device connection (if it’s connected) and turn off UO by pressing the button for 3 seconds. If UO is not connected to any device, it’ll automatically shuts off within few minutes.
– Mode change: From UO, change the mode by double clicking the power button from Media Mirroring (Miracast: Green Color) to Media Sharing (DLNA: Orange Color). To go back, do the same.
– To connect Android phone and tablet (Samsung, LG, etc.) Wirelessly: Set UO on Media Mirroring (Miracast: Green Color) mode and find your device for Smart View or Miracast, etc. to connect ‘SMARTBEAMLASER-XXXXXX’ to connect.
– To connect iOS (iPhone, iPad, MacBook) Wirelessly: Set UO on Media Sharing (DLNA: Orange Color) mode and find your device ‘Setting > Wi-Fi > SMARTBEAMLASER-XXXXXX’. And slide up the menu to find Airplay. Connect Airplay > SMARTBEAMLASER-XXXXXX > Mirroring (Turn it on). Your UO Smart Beam Laser firmware ware must be updated to the latest 1.1.8.
– How to update UO Smart Beam Laser Firmware using an App: Download App (Cremotech) on your phone or tablet and Set UO on Media Sharing (DLNA: Orange Color) mode and find your device ‘Setting > Wi-Fi > SMARTBEAMLASER-XXXXXX’. Open an App and go to ‘Upgrade’ and click ‘Upgrade’ to update the firmware to the latest one 1.1.8.. This may take up to 10 min. depends on your Wi-Fi connectivity. Visit KDCUSA website to watch the video tutorial.
– How to update UO Smart Beam Laser Firmware with Wi-Fi: Set UO on Media Sharing (DLNA: Orange Color) mode and find your device ‘Setting > Wi-Fi > SMARTBEAMLASER-XXXXXX’. Open an internet window and type 192.168.49.1 on the address bar. You will guide into the web page with ‘Setting’, ‘Wi-Fi’ and ‘F/W Upgrade’ buttons. Search Wi-Fi and find your AP (Wi-Fi and enter password) to connect. This procedure is for UO to connect Wi-Fi in your home or office. Once it’s connected, go back to home page and click F/W Upgrade. This may take up to 10 min. depends on your Wi-Fi connectivity. Visit KDCUSA website to download how to update it.
– For Android wire connection, mode setting is not designated: You’d need MHL and/or 5 to 11 pin adapter depends on the model. Some recent SamSung device doesn’t support MHL and it only can be connected via Smart View wirelessly.
– For iOS wire connection, UO mode setting is not designated: You’d need a certified *Micro HDMI cable and **Apple cable that can receive the HDMI male. For Apple TV, you only need a Micro HDMI cable. If screen only shows the ‘United Object’ logo, it’s likely the cable issue. We recommend getting the certified *Micro HDMI cable from KDCUSA website.
– For other devices wire connection, UO mode setting is not designated: For windows computer, windows laptop, games console, camera, etc. you’d need a certified *micro HDMI cable. When connecting UO to computer or laptop, make sure to change the screen setting on your computer to ‘duplicate’ or ‘extended’. If it only shows ‘United Object’ logo, it is likely the cable issue or your screen mode is not set to view the 2nd monitor which is UO.
– Bluetooth speaker connection: External Speaker can be connected while UO is connected with your smartphone or tablet only if your device supports Bluetooth. We are not guaranteeing the connectivity on your Bluetooth speakers and devices.
– Volume control: UO volume can be controlled from mute to level 6 by slowly clicking the main button.
– Android volume control: Both UO and phone/tablet can be controlled. UO volume can be controlled from mute to level 6 by slowly clicking the main button.
– iOS Volume control: Both UO and phone/tablet can be controlled if it’s connected via Airplay (Wirelessly). If it’s connected via cables, only UO volume can be controlled, not from the iPhone or iPad. UO volume can be controlled from mute to level 6 by slowly clicking the main button.
– If UO gets frozen: Simply reset the UO by clicking the tiny hole next to the power button using a pointy pin (Not included).