UO Smart Beam Laser Portable Mini Projector
- Until now, most projectors used either LED, LCD or DLP as the light source and they all possessed one bothersome problem: Focus needed to be adjusted manually. This was especially a big problem for portable projectors since they were meant to be carried around and the user had to adjust the focus every single time
- Finally, a portable projector that doesn’t require focus adjustment came out with laser technology. Focus-free meant that projected image was never out of focus, no matter what surface it was displayed on. Laser technology also made it possible for the projector to produce vivid colors incomparable to those by other LED, LCD and DLP projectors
- There are currently 3 portable laser projectors in the world: SK Telecom’s UO Smart Beam Laser, S company, and C company. S and C use technology very similar to that of an electron gun. One can see through a camera lens, electron beam wave flowing on the projected image like an analog TV. This laser beam can cause serious harm to human eye
- The team behind the creation of UO Smart Beam Laser invented a highly-advanced laser technology that is completely safe to human eye. The Class 1 Laser used in the projector is registered with FDA. UO Smart Beam Laser’s ingenious focus free and harmless laser technology has earned itself the 2016 CES Innovative Award
- UO Smart Beam Laser is the only true portable projector in the world that can be used anywhere without a screen, used by children without worries, connect with various devices (smartphone, tablet, computer, media player, action camera, etc.) to enjoy crisp and vivid image with wireless & wired options
UO Smart Beam Laser is world’s One and Only FDA-Registered Class 1 Eye-safe Laser Projector and 2016 CES Innovative Product Award Winner. It’s completely safe for human eye. Portable 2 inch cube projects up to 150 inch HD screen in complete dark area. Simply connect UO with Wi-Fi or cables to smartphone, tablet, laptop, pc, media player or any other devices to play video, audio, picture, presentation, etc. Use it on any surface at anytime and anywhere because it’s portable Wi-Fi Wireless & FOCUS FREE!
Please visit KDCUSA webiste to get more information on technical support and warranty service.
– Product Name: UO Smart Beam Laser
– Projection Screen Size: 20” ~ 150” (Size controlled only by the projection distance)
– ideal Projection Distance: 2ft ~ 8ft
– Throw Ratio: 1:1.5
– Brightness: Max.100 Lumens
– Resolution: Input up to 4K and output HD 720p (1280 X 720)
– Aspect Ratio: 16:9, 4:3
– Contrast Ratio: 400:1 (Television 2500:1)
– Optical Engine Type: Laser light source using LCoS panel
– Laser Class: Class 1 Laser (Eye Safe)
– Power: USB cable, 110~220 Vac.
– Dimensions: 2.2 inch X 2.2 inch X 2.2 inch
– Weight: 0.43 Lbs. (6.88 oz.), 1.10 Lbs. w/packaging (17.6 oz.)
– Video/Audio Input: Wire (HDMI/MHL), Wireless (Smart View, Miracast, Airplay)
*** UO must be updated to the latest Firm Ware 1.1.8 to connect with Airplay
– Battery Type: Built-in Lithium-Polymer (4200mAh )
– Battery Life: 2 hours. (4 hours for full charge)
– Laser Diode Life: 10,000 hours
– Op Temp & Humidity: 10°C~40°C;, 15%~85%
– Speaker: Built-in 1 watt (Compatible to use with external speaker only if your devices supports Bluetooth)
ATTN iOS (Apple) users: Although UO Smart Beam Laser can be connected to iOS devices wirelessly via Airplay (*** UO must be updated to the latest Firm Ware 1.1.8), streaming video contents from websites and mobile applications such as Netflix (Paid contents) are blocked from Airplay. Thus, we strongly recommend iOS users to use a set of cables *Certified Micro HDMI cable and an ** Apple adapter designed for your specific device to ensure your ultimate viewing experience.
* ** Must be sold separately.
*** UO must be updated to the latest Firm Ware 1.1.8 in order to connect wirelessly with iPhone or iPad.
– Charing the UO: We recommend charging the device using the original cable and power plug. Once it’s fully charged, it’d show green light on the power button. You can use it while charging the UO. It last about 2 hours wirelessly.
– How to Turn it on and off: Simply press the main button for 3 seconds to turn it on. Project it on the wall to see what mode you are on. To turn off UO, disconnect the device connection (if it’s connected) and turn off UO by pressing the button for 3 seconds. If UO is not connected to any device, it’ll automatically shuts off within few minutes.
– Mode change: From UO, change the mode by double clicking the power button from Media Mirroring (Miracast: Green Color) to Media Sharing (DLNA: Orange Color). To go back, do the same.
– To connect Android phone and tablet (Samsung, LG, etc.) Wirelessly: Set UO on Media Mirroring (Miracast: Green Color) mode and find your device for Smart View or Miracast, etc. to connect ‘SMARTBEAMLASER-XXXXXX’ to connect.
– To connect iOS (iPhone, iPad, MacBook) Wirelessly: Set UO on Media Sharing (DLNA: Orange Color) mode and find your device ‘Setting > Wi-Fi > SMARTBEAMLASER-XXXXXX’. And slide up the menu to find Airplay. Connect Airplay > SMARTBEAMLASER-XXXXXX > Mirroring (Turn it on). Your UO Smart Beam Laser firmware ware must be updated to the latest 1.1.8.
– How to update UO Smart Beam Laser Firmware using an App: Download App (Cremotech) on your phone or tablet and Set UO on Media Sharing (DLNA: Orange Color) mode and find your device ‘Setting > Wi-Fi > SMARTBEAMLASER-XXXXXX’. Open an App and go to ‘Upgrade’ and click ‘Upgrade’ to update the firmware to the latest one 1.1.8.. This may take up to 10 min. depends on your Wi-Fi connectivity. Visit KDCUSA website to watch the video tutorial.
– How to update UO Smart Beam Laser Firmware with Wi-Fi: Set UO on Media Sharing (DLNA: Orange Color) mode and find your device ‘Setting > Wi-Fi > SMARTBEAMLASER-XXXXXX’. Open an internet window and type 192.168.49.1 on the address bar. You will guide into the web page with ‘Setting’, ‘Wi-Fi’ and ‘F/W Upgrade’ buttons. Search Wi-Fi and find your AP (Wi-Fi and enter password) to connect. This procedure is for UO to connect Wi-Fi in your home or office. Once it’s connected, go back to home page and click F/W Upgrade. This may take up to 10 min. depends on your Wi-Fi connectivity. Visit KDCUSA website to download how to update it.
– For Android wire connection, mode setting is not designated: You’d need MHL and/or 5 to 11 pin adapter depends on the model. Some recent SamSung device doesn’t support MHL and it only can be connected via Smart View wirelessly.
– For iOS wire connection, UO mode setting is not designated: You’d need a certified *Micro HDMI cable and **Apple cable that can receive the HDMI male. For Apple TV, you only need a Micro HDMI cable. If screen only shows the ‘United Object’ logo, it’s likely the cable issue. We recommend getting the certified *Micro HDMI cable from KDCUSA website.
– For other devices wire connection, UO mode setting is not designated: For windows computer, windows laptop, games console, camera, etc. you’d need a certified *micro HDMI cable. When connecting UO to computer or laptop, make sure to change the screen setting on your computer to ‘duplicate’ or ‘extended’. If it only shows ‘United Object’ logo, it is likely the cable issue or your screen mode is not set to view the 2nd monitor which is UO.
– Bluetooth speaker connection: External Speaker can be connected while UO is connected with your smartphone or tablet only if your device supports Bluetooth. We are not guaranteeing the connectivity on your Bluetooth speakers and devices.
– Volume control: UO volume can be controlled from mute to level 6 by slowly clicking the main button.
– Android volume control: Both UO and phone/tablet can be controlled. UO volume can be controlled from mute to level 6 by slowly clicking the main button.
– iOS Volume control: Both UO and phone/tablet can be controlled if it’s connected via Airplay (Wirelessly). If it’s connected via cables, only UO volume can be controlled, not from the iPhone or iPad. UO volume can be controlled from mute to level 6 by slowly clicking the main button.
– If UO gets frozen: Simply reset the UO by clicking the tiny hole next to the power button using a pointy pin (Not included).
* ** must be sold separately