Health Benefits of Quitting
- Tobacco smoke contains a deadly mix of more than 7,000 chemicals; hundreds are harmful, and about 70 can cause cancer.
- Smoking increases the risk for serious health problems, many diseases, and death.
- People who stop smoking greatly reduce their risk for disease and early death.
- Although the health benefits are greater for people who stop at earlier ages, there are benefits at any age.
- You are never too old to quit.
Stopping smoking is associated with the following health benefits:
- Lowered risk for lung cancer and many other types of cancer.
- Reduced risk for heart disease, stroke, and peripheral vascular disease (narrowing of the blood vessels outside your heart).
- Reduced heart disease risk within 1 to 2 years of quitting.
- Reduced respiratory symptoms, such as coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath. While these symptoms may not disappear, they do not continue to progress at the same rate among people who quit compared with those who continue to smoke.
- Reduced risk of developing some lung diseases (such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, also known as COPD, one of the leading causes of death in the United States).
- Reduced risk for infertility in women of childbearing age. Women who stop smoking during pregnancy also reduce their risk of having a low birth weight baby.
Live A Healthier Life Style Today…
Check out more topics from Orgnat Life:
2 thoughts on “STOP SMOKING”
Hi there I am so grateful I found your site, I really found you by error, while I was researching on Aol for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a marvelous post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the excellent job.
Comments are closed.