Until now, most projectors used either LED, LCD or DLP as the light source and they all possessed one bothersome problem: Focus needed to be adjusted manually. This was especially a big problem for portable projectors since they were meant to be carried around and the user had to adjust the focus every single time
Finally, a portable projector that doesn’t require focus adjustment came out with laser technology. Focus-free meant that projected image was never out of focus, no matter what surface it was displayed on. Laser technology also made it possible for the projector to produce vivid colors incomparable to those by other LED, LCD and DLP projectors
There are currently 3 portable laser projectors in the world: SK Telecom’s UO Smart Beam Laser, S company, and C company. S and C use technology very similar to that of an electron gun. One can see through a camera lens, electron beam wave flowing on the projected image like an analog TV. This laser beam can cause serious harm to human eye
The team behind the creation of UO Smart Beam Laser invented a highly-advanced laser technology that is completely safe to human eye. The Class 1 Laser used in the projector is registered with FDA. UO Smart Beam Laser’s ingenious focus free and harmless laser technology has earned itself the 2016 CES Innovative Award
UO Smart Beam Laser is the only true portable projector in the world that can be used anywhere without a screen, used by children without worries, connect with various devices (smartphone, tablet, computer, media player, action camera, etc.) to enjoy crisp and vivid image with wireless & wired options
UO Smart Beam Laser is world’s One and Only FDA-Registered Class 1 Eye-safe Laser Projector and 2016 CES Innovative Product Award Winner. It’s completely safe for human eye. Portable 2 inch cube projects up to 150 inch HD screen in complete dark area. Simply connect UO with Wi-Fi or cables to smartphone, tablet, laptop, pc, media player or any other devices to play video, audio, picture, presentation, etc. Use it on any surface at anytime and anywhere because it’s portable Wi-Fi Wireless & FOCUS FREE!
Please visit KDCUSA webiste to get more information on technical support and warranty service.
– Product Name: UO Smart Beam Laser
– Projection Screen Size: 20” ~ 150” (Size controlled only by the projection distance)
– ideal Projection Distance: 2ft ~ 8ft
– Throw Ratio: 1:1.5
– Brightness: Max.100 Lumens
– Resolution: Input up to 4K and output HD 720p (1280 X 720)
– Aspect Ratio: 16:9, 4:3
– Contrast Ratio: 400:1 (Television 2500:1)
– Optical Engine Type: Laser light source using LCoS panel
– Laser Class: Class 1 Laser (Eye Safe)
– Power: USB cable, 110~220 Vac.
– Dimensions: 2.2 inch X 2.2 inch X 2.2 inch
– Weight: 0.43 Lbs. (6.88 oz.), 1.10 Lbs. w/packaging (17.6 oz.)
– Video/Audio Input: Wire (HDMI/MHL), Wireless (Smart View, Miracast, Airplay)
*** UO must be updated to the latest Firm Ware 1.1.8 to connect with Airplay
– Battery Type: Built-in Lithium-Polymer (4200mAh )
– Battery Life: 2 hours. (4 hours for full charge)
– Laser Diode Life: 10,000 hours
– Op Temp & Humidity: 10°C~40°C;, 15%~85%
– Speaker: Built-in 1 watt (Compatible to use with external speaker only if your devices supports Bluetooth)
ATTN iOS (Apple) users: Although UO Smart Beam Laser can be connected to iOS devices wirelessly via Airplay (*** UO must be updated to the latest Firm Ware 1.1.8), streaming video contents from websites and mobile applications such as Netflix (Paid contents) are blocked from Airplay. Thus, we strongly recommend iOS users to use a set of cables *Certified Micro HDMI cable and an ** Apple adapter designed for your specific device to ensure your ultimate viewing experience.
* ** Must be sold separately.
*** UO must be updated to the latest Firm Ware 1.1.8 in order to connect wirelessly with iPhone or iPad.
HOW TO USE UO SMART BEAM LASER:
– Charing the UO: We recommend charging the device using the original cable and power plug. Once it’s fully charged, it’d show green light on the power button. You can use it while charging the UO. It last about 2 hours wirelessly.
– How to Turn it on and off: Simply press the main button for 3 seconds to turn it on. Project it on the wall to see what mode you are on. To turn off UO, disconnect the device connection (if it’s connected) and turn off UO by pressing the button for 3 seconds. If UO is not connected to any device, it’ll automatically shuts off within few minutes.
– Mode change: From UO, change the mode by double clicking the power button from Media Mirroring (Miracast: Green Color) to Media Sharing (DLNA: Orange Color). To go back, do the same.
– To connect Android phone and tablet (Samsung, LG, etc.) Wirelessly: Set UO on Media Mirroring (Miracast: Green Color) mode and find your device for Smart View or Miracast, etc. to connect ‘SMARTBEAMLASER-XXXXXX’ to connect.
– To connect iOS (iPhone, iPad, MacBook) Wirelessly: Set UO on Media Sharing (DLNA: Orange Color) mode and find your device ‘Setting > Wi-Fi > SMARTBEAMLASER-XXXXXX’. And slide up the menu to find Airplay. Connect Airplay > SMARTBEAMLASER-XXXXXX > Mirroring (Turn it on). Your UO Smart Beam Laser firmware ware must be updated to the latest 1.1.8.
– How to update UO Smart Beam Laser Firmware using an App: Download App (Cremotech) on your phone or tablet and Set UO on Media Sharing (DLNA: Orange Color) mode and find your device ‘Setting > Wi-Fi > SMARTBEAMLASER-XXXXXX’. Open an App and go to ‘Upgrade’ and click ‘Upgrade’ to update the firmware to the latest one 1.1.8.. This may take up to 10 min. depends on your Wi-Fi connectivity. Visit KDCUSA website to watch the video tutorial.
– How to update UO Smart Beam Laser Firmware with Wi-Fi: Set UO on Media Sharing (DLNA: Orange Color) mode and find your device ‘Setting > Wi-Fi > SMARTBEAMLASER-XXXXXX’. Open an internet window and type 192.168.49.1 on the address bar. You will guide into the web page with ‘Setting’, ‘Wi-Fi’ and ‘F/W Upgrade’ buttons. Search Wi-Fi and find your AP (Wi-Fi and enter password) to connect. This procedure is for UO to connect Wi-Fi in your home or office. Once it’s connected, go back to home page and click F/W Upgrade. This may take up to 10 min. depends on your Wi-Fi connectivity. Visit KDCUSA website to download how to update it.
– For Android wire connection, mode setting is not designated: You’d need MHL and/or 5 to 11 pin adapter depends on the model. Some recent SamSung device doesn’t support MHL and it only can be connected via Smart View wirelessly.
– For iOS wire connection, UO mode setting is not designated: You’d need a certified *Micro HDMI cable and **Apple cable that can receive the HDMI male. For Apple TV, you only need a Micro HDMI cable. If screen only shows the ‘United Object’ logo, it’s likely the cable issue. We recommend getting the certified *Micro HDMI cable from KDCUSA website.
– For other devices wire connection, UO mode setting is not designated: For windows computer, windows laptop, games console, camera, etc. you’d need a certified *micro HDMI cable. When connecting UO to computer or laptop, make sure to change the screen setting on your computer to ‘duplicate’ or ‘extended’. If it only shows ‘United Object’ logo, it is likely the cable issue or your screen mode is not set to view the 2nd monitor which is UO.
– Bluetooth speaker connection: External Speaker can be connected while UO is connected with your smartphone or tablet only if your device supports Bluetooth. We are not guaranteeing the connectivity on your Bluetooth speakers and devices.
– Volume control: UO volume can be controlled from mute to level 6 by slowly clicking the main button.
– Android volume control: Both UO and phone/tablet can be controlled. UO volume can be controlled from mute to level 6 by slowly clicking the main button.
– iOS Volume control: Both UO and phone/tablet can be controlled if it’s connected via Airplay (Wirelessly). If it’s connected via cables, only UO volume can be controlled, not from the iPhone or iPad. UO volume can be controlled from mute to level 6 by slowly clicking the main button.
– If UO gets frozen: Simply reset the UO by clicking the tiny hole next to the power button using a pointy pin (Not included).
Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Flageolet Ragout
and Frizzled Brussels Sprout Leaves
1/2 cup kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 red onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, smashed
2 sprigs thyme
2 sprigs rosemary
2 tablespoons fennel seeds
2 tablespoons coriander seeds
2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound total)
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons wild fennel pollen
8 slices prosciutto
2 large pieces caul fat
Olive oil, for coating the pan
1/4 cup sherry vinegar
2 cups chicken stock
2 teaspoons unsalted butter
Flageolet Ragout, recipe follows
Frizzled Brussels Sprout Leaves, recipe follows
3 cups flageolets beans
2 cups chicken stock, plus more if necessary
Olive oil, for cooking
3 fennel sausage links, casings removed
1/2 bulb fennel, julienned
1/2 red onion, julienned
2 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
Pinch red pepper flakes
1/2 cup white wine, such as Chardonnay
1 tablespoon ramp seeds, chopped
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Frizzled Brussels Sprout Leaves:
Olive oil, for coating the pan
1 clove garlic, smashed and chopped
12 Brussels sprouts, stemmed and leaves pulled apart
1 sprig anise hyssop
To make the brine: Add the salt, sugar, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, fennel seeds, coriander seeds and 1 1/2 quarts of cold water to a large container and stir to combine. Submerge the pork in the brine and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Remove the pork from the brine and pat dry. Season with salt, pepper and the fennel pollen. Wrap in the prosciutto and caul fat.
Heat a large saute pan on medium-high heat and add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. When the oil is close to its smoking point, sear the pork on all sides until golden brown. Transfer the pork to a sheet pan and reserve the saute pan and drippings. Roast until medium well done and the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F, about 5 minutes. Allow to rest.
Discard the excess fat in the saute pan used to sear the pork. Add the vinegar and reduce until nearly dry. Add 1 cup of the chicken stock and reduce to half. Add the remaining cup of chicken stock and reduce until about 1/3 cup remains. Remove from the heat and swirl in the butter. Season to taste.
Slice the pork on the bias and serve over the Flageolet Ragout and Frizzled Brussels Sprouts Leaves. Drizzle with some of the pan sauce.
Combine the flageolets and chicken stock in a medium saucepan. Season with salt and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until tender, about 30 minutes. Set aside.
Add a drizzle of oil and the sausage to a large pan over medium-high heat. Brown the meat, breaking it up as it cooks. Remove from the pan and set aside.
To the same pan add the fennel, onion, garlic and red pepper flakes. Deglaze with the wine and cook until the fennel and onions begin to caramelize.
Return the cooked sausage to the pan and add the flageolets and ramp seeds.
Heat through, adding more chicken stock if necessary to keep everything moist.
Season to taste. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil to finish.
Frizzled Brussels Sprout Leaves:
Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan
Add the garlic and cook until aromatic and slightly golden
Add the Brussels sprouts, season with salt and saute until slightly charred but not too soft
Remove from the heat, add the anise hyssop and toss to combine.
Please donate to this months cause.
Wigs For Kids is a vital part for healing. They don’t want to be singled out and to be treated different. With these wigs made of real human hair make a big difference in their lives.
Even if you just give $1/ dollar. It can make a difference when there are 100,000 giving $1.
Or if you have long hair and it is not dyed or treated you could donate it.
Please help these kids feel normal once again… thanks ahead of time for your donation…
This is a Non-Profit that “DOES NOT”charge to make these wigs nor do they sell them to the Kids.