HOMEMADE TAMALES, STEP BY STEP
Sweet Tangy Spiced BBQ sauce
- 3 cups Chicken stock
- 1 Green, 1 Yellow and 1 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 2 Red Chilies soaked in 1/2 cup water over night (wear gloves when you handle the chilies) remove seeds and dice chilies thinly. Add the 1/2 cup of the chilie water to the pan.
- 1 Onion Large diced
- 2 Tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Vinegar
- 2 (6 ounce cans) Tomate Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Worshire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon All Spice
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Honey
- Wash and cut up your vegetables into small pieces
- In a Large Pot 1 tablespoon Olive Oil bring to medium heat
- Place the vegetables and sautee on medium heat until vegetables are wilted and soft. Add the garlic for the last 5 minutes. Stir frequently and dont burn them. Approxamently 20 minutes
- Add the chicken broth bring to a boil reduce heat to simmer
- Add tomatae paste and stir until dissolved
- Add vinegar, brown sugar, white sugar, worshire, all spice, salt and honey
- Stir until all is mixed together
- Cover pan with lid slightly crocked to let steam out.
- Cook down until very thick
- 2- 16 ounce wide mouth mason jars. Fill each one and leave at least 2″ from the top. Put the lid and seal on quickly so it will seal down good.
- Let the BBQ sauce cool completely.
- Put one in the freezer and the other you can refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
*You can use a Slow Cooker or Multicooker with the Jam setting if you have. It’s easier and you dont have to worry bout burning it. You just use the brown/sautee setting for cooking vegatables and bring to boil.
*You can also use smaller mason jars
Thank you and Enjoy
Tender oven roasted pork Carnitas
The Other White Meat.. Healthy Oven Roasted
- 4 lb. Pork Butt
- 6 Fresh Garlic Cloves cut or smashed up
- 3 tablespoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Place pork butt fat side down in roasting pan.
- Take your salt and rub on pork
- Turn your pork over to fat side up
- Rub your salt over pork again
- Take a small sharp knife and place slits in the top of pork
- Take your garlic and rub it to the slits
- Take your garlic and rub into the slits (holes)
- Place in oven without the lid for 30 minutes at 400 degrees
- Take pork out of oven. Don’t forget to use your Pot Holders
- Place ¼ cup water in bottom of pan. Do Not pour over pork
- Cover roasting pan and Turn Heat down to 325 for 3 hours.