This recipe is human consumable. So don’t worry about someone sneaking a cookie. No preservatives, all natural ingredients.
Homemade products for the furry family members are preferred over other brands. Here’s a recipe that is easy and can be ready in no time.
- Prep Time: 35 to 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 100 minutes
- Yield: 120 servings +or –
- Skill Level: Super Easy
- Kitchen Appliance: Oven, Food Processor, Slap Chopper, knife
- Human Grade: YES
- Cost: $4 approximately
The approximate cost for the cookies is very low. So if you can spare about an hour of time your pups will have a tasty treat.
- 5 cups Oatmeal (regular old fashion)
- 4 cups Water
- 2 cups Carrots diced
- 1 cup Beets (16 ounce) diced
- 3 Eggs
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 3 tablespoons Turmeric Powder
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cups All Purpose Flour
Read the ingredients on all food you give to your dog. Real sugar only if you have to. Do not use any LOW calorie products ever. They contain ingredients that can KILL your dog.
Grease a 1” x 15” x 21” sheet / cookie pan
Cover oatmeal in water. Soak the oats until almost all the water is absorbed. Approximately 1 to 2 hours.
Clean and cook the carrots for 15 minutes, let cool and dice. You can do these the day ahead of time.
Rinse the beets well with cold water this will get a lot of sugar out. A 16 ounce can or jar of beets equals 1 cup diced. If you have all natural or cooked fresh beets are even better.
Put the ingredients into bowl except flour and mix.
Slowly add the flour while mixing.
Pour your dough onto the 1” x 15” x 21” sheet / cookie pan and smooth out completely from edge to edge equally. It might be a little sticky, so wet your spoon or spatula with water. Make sure you shake off excess water from the spatula.
Heat oven to 350’ degrees
Bake at 350’ degrees for 45 minutes.
Remove from oven and cut into squares quickly with a pizza cutter. They will still be a little wet inside.
Return cookies to oven for 10 minutes. Check and see if they are drier. If not return to oven for 5 min.
Remove from oven if you would like a softer cookie. Have to remember our senior family members.
If you want a super crispy cookie. Turn off the oven and leave it to cool inside. Approximately 3 hours in my oven. Then they are like rocks. But you actually cook the goodness out. Softer cookies retain more nutrients.
I make small cookies. I have various sized dogs. Choose the size that fits your needs.
Place cookies into containers. Your choice of sizes. If you only have one dog you might want to put them in several containers or baggies to freeze and take out as needed.
Keep a container of cookies in the refrigerator and take out what you’ll use daily.
BON Appetite, Enjoy life, eat a lot…
- (no title)masticadoresindia.wordpress.com/
- “PICO DE GALLO”… Summer Tomato RecipesTaste’s Good and It’s Good for Ya This summer brought … Continue reading “PICO DE GALLO”… Summer Tomato Recipes
- “SHAKE DOWN” Around the world Violent Human Trafficking Gangs“SHAKE DOWN” Around the world Violent Human Trafficking Gangs are … Continue reading “SHAKE DOWN” Around the world Violent Human Trafficking Gangs
- #261- Limerick City Street ArtSunday I went to the Christmas market in Arthur’s Quay … Continue reading #261- Limerick City Street Art
- #273- Wild Justice 2022 TrailerI’ve been playing Red Dead Redemption and messing around with … Continue reading #273- Wild Justice 2022 Trailer