Now here’s a recipe with multiple uses. This can be used for jam on your toast, ice cream and cake poté filling.
I only make small batches. One pound of strawberries and half the sugar of other recipe’s. Big chunks of strawberries simmered to perfection. Low in sugar. No pectin.
- 1 pound Strawberry
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Water to cover berries by 1”inch
- Take the tops off the strawberries and clean under water.
- Cut strawberries up into chunks.
- Place the strawberries in a medium sauce pan with the water.
- Add sugar and lemon juice
- Turn the fire on to medium and bring to a full boil. Turn the heat down so it simmers.
- Continue to stir as it thickens.
- When the jam is thick enough that it sticks to the spoon when turned on side. Remove from fire.
- Add vanilla and stir really well.
- Add to mason jar and completely cool. Put it in refrigerator.
- Jam will thicken as it cools.