- LEVEL: Easy
- READY IN: 2hrs 30mins
- YIELD: 10 rolls
- UNITS: US
- 2 cups warm water (about 105 degrees)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 4 -6 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 egg white, whisked
- Combine the water, salt, sugar, yeast and 2 cups of the flour to your Kitchenaid mixing bowl.
- Set mixer speed to 4 and mix well. Add in the flour about a half a cup at a time, mix for a minute or so and add more flour until the dough comes together and doesn’t stick to the bowl.
- The dough should form a ball on the dough hook. It may become sticky after a few minutes of kneading so keep the flour handy to add more if necessary.
- Knead for 8-10 minutes. The final dough should be firm and elastic and a little sticky to the touch.
- Form the dough into a ball and place the dough in a greased bowl.
- Cover the dough with a towel or cloth and leave in a warm place for about an hour.
- Remove dough from bowl onto a smooth counter that has a little flour on top to keep the dough from sticking to the counter.
- Divide dough into 10 equal balls. For oval shaped rolls, roll the balls between your palms for about 5 seconds to make a cylindrical shape, tapering slightly at the ends.
- Cover and let rise again for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and brush each dough ball with egg whites.
- Using a bread knife, make a cut down the length of the roll about 1/4 inch deep. Bake for about 30 minutes, let cool and enjoy.
- They may also be wrapped well and frozen for later use. It’s better to bake the rolls as needed to keep the freshness.
Enjoy!!! Bon Appetit