Authentic Mexican Torta (Sandwich made with Bread).
Let’s start at the ground level. I like the “Bread” to be light and a bit airy. I make my own bread for my tortas. Some people like a texture more towards a French rolls consistency. Which ever way you prefer they will come out perfect every time. I will include the Mexican Bolillos dough recipe below.
There are many choices hot or cold, meat and veggies to put on to your Torta. I have listed a few different ways to make an authentic Mexican torta.
- Carnitas (Slow Roasted Pork): Shredded Pork,
- Carne Asada Beef
- Arrachera Beef (Skirt Steak BBQ)
- Slow Cooked Shredded Beef
- Chicken Shredded
- Fried Chicken Pieces
- Ham and Cheese
- Batter Fried Fish and Shrimp
- All Veggies for the Vegetarian
- The following ingredients are usually served as condiments for the Tortas. Frijoles (Beans), Avocado, Tomato, Onion, Lettuce, Jalapenos, Cilantro, Lime juice, Mayonnaise, Green Chili Sauce, Sour Cream, Pico De Gallo, Salsa, Tapatio Hot Sauce.
- Breakfast Torta: Scrambled Egg, Cheese and Bacon, Sausage or Ham and veggies.
The Bread… You can buy some rolls from a Mexican bakery in you area. Or if you are like me, I Love to bake my own. Here’s the recipe I use.
Authentic Bolillos RECIPE
- Slice the roll in half and lightly spread some butter on each half. Toast on a griddle or pan until lightly brown. You can broil if more convient.
- Spread a light coat of Mayonnaise
- Spread your beans (frijoles)
- Green chili sauce
- Meat, veggies or eggs
- Sour Cream
- Hot Sauce (Tapatio)
- And What Ever Else
One thought on “AUTHENTIC MEXICAN TORTAS”
Comments are closed.