This juicy garlic smeared Tri-Tip Roast is the perfect meat for a gracious dinner, yummy brunch sandwich’s or a burrito. This a great recipe for the BBQ Grill or pop it in the oven.
- Preheat oven 350.
- Cut just the very tops off of garlic clove.
- Put 3 teaspoons of real butter on top of each cluster of cloves or you can drizzle olive oil.
- Roast Garlic for approx. 55 minutes or until skins are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and wait 20 minutes or until cool to touch.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves out of the skins into a bowl.
- Smash the garlic with fork, this will leave the garlic soft and pliable to spread over the top of the Tri-Tip Roast.
- Add salt and coarse pepper in the bowl and mix well.
- Place the roast fat side up in pan. If the roast has more than 1/2 inch of FAT, cut excess off.
- Spread the garlic mix over entire roast evenly and entire roast is covered.
- Seal the plate with saran wrap or a baggie and leave in refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours. I prefer 48 hours.
- Remove the roast from refrigerator and let it come to room temperature, approx. 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees or warm BBQ to 350 degrees.
- Remove plastic wrap from roast.
ORBBQ: Place on top rack of grill and BBQ for 45 minutes. Do not Flip the meat, all the garlic will fall off.
- Remove from oven or BBQ and transfer to a plate and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice on diagonal and enjoy