Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 – 30 minutes
Yield: 1 servings +
Skill Level: Easy
Kitchen Appliance: Food Processor, Stove, sauce pan and spatula
Raisin paste is always a good match for thinner dough, thumbprint cookies or cinnamon rolls if the dough is thinly rolled and its more of a delicate pastry. The raisin paste is great for Filo, buttery, croissant Doughs.
- 1 Cup Raisins
- 1/4 to 2/3 cup Water (enough to cover raisins)
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon
- Add the Raisins and water into the saucepan and place on stove
- Bring to a boil and turn down fire.
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- Remove from heat and add the butter, cinnamon and sugar.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves
- Use you spatula to remove everything and place into the food processor.
- Make sure it processes to a smooth texture.
- Take your spatula and remove all the paste into a container with a lid.
- Set in refrigerator until ready to use.
Its better to make the paste a day ahead or even a few days. Remove from refrigerator at least 2 hours prior to use. Must be at room temperature so it spreads evenly like butter. This is awesome on toast in the morning.
One thought on “RAISIN PASTE”
Comments are closed.