Plump juicy raisins and walnuts rolled up with cinnamon and only 2 tablespoons of sugar.
Prep Time: 90 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 100 minutes
Yield: 8 servings +
Skill Level: Easy
Kitchen Appliance: Bread Machine, Food Processor, pastry brush
You can also make a paste with the raisins and walnuts. It becomes a very smooth buttery experience for the thinner pastry dough.
- 1 cup Water
- 3/8 cup Milk (Whole)
- 3/4 Stick Butter (chopped into tiny pieces and evenly placed in the pan)
- 1 and 3/4 teaspoon Salt (on the Left side top corner of the pan)
- 4 cups Flour (in the center place a shallow divot to place yeast ans a little sugar)
- 2 tablespoons Sugar (on the bottom right corner and a small sprinkle in the divot maybe 1/4 teaspoon)(Real Sugar, No Substitute)( Trust me, it won’t hurt you)
- 2 and 1/4 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast ( place in pivot on top of sprinkled sugar)(NO QUICK YEAST) Old Fashion kind…
While your bread machine makes the dough get all your other ingredients together.
Soak the cup of raisins in 1/4 cup of warm water for at least 45 minutes. I just let them soak until my dough is ready. Drain and set aside. If you are using the raisin paste its better to make the paste a day ahead. Remove from refrigerator at least 2 hours prior. Must be at room temperature.
- Preheat oven 375’F
- Roll out your dough to the desired thickness depending on the type of dough.
- Melt the butter and brush on dough with pastry brush or spoon it on.
- Put on the raisins
- Sprinkle the 2 Tablespoons of Sugar
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Cinnamon
- Add the finely chopped Walnuts
- Start rolling the dough into a loaf
- Close the ends by folding the edges.
- You can leave it long, make a U or make a circle.
- Place in 375’F for 20 minutes. Knock on top of loaf, it should sound a little hallow, if not cook for another 5 to 10 minutes. Just don’t burn it.
- Let it cool for 20 minutes, cut into 8 sections.
This recipe is chocked full of raisins, walnuts, cinnamon and butter.
Just the right pastry without all the sugar.
- Chef Sherrie Angel’s Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
- Around The World: 50 Slamming Panini’s
- Why should you cook for your pets?
- The 86 Most Delish Homemade Cookies
- 15 Super Stuffed Cookies