- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 70 minutes
- Yield: 20 servings +
- Skill Level: Easy
- Kitchen Appliance: Oven, Peeler, Knife
Yummy Sweet apples and cinnamon. Great for making pies, party appetizers or handy snack size for Apple pie ice cream ala mode.
Apple Filling Instructions
- 9 medium apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 tablespoons salted butter (1 Cube/ Stick)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Peel apples and remove core. Cut in Half and slice length wise 1/4″ thick,, after cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Melt butter in saucepan remove pan from heat
- Add lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch and water. Stir together until all is mixed. I let it sit for about 10 minutes so the cornstarch and sugar have a chance to dissolve really good.
- At this point if you are baking a pie just add the apple mixture into the pie shell and cover with top crust, pinch, make your slits and bake. Continue for empanada or small tarts that only bake for 10 to 20 minutes only.
- Bring covered pot to a boil and turn to medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes while stirring frequently or until apples are al dente soft. Still Firm
- Remove from heat and let cool. At least 2 hours, better if over night.
- You can make this a few days ahead and refrigerator. Great to prepare and can it. You can also freeze the cooked mixture.
One thought on “APPLE CINNAMON FILLING”
Comments are closed.