1-2-3 Easy Blueberry Cake
This is as easy as 1-2-3. Delicious moist and very tasty. It’s actually “To Die For”.
- Prep 15 minutes
- Cook 30 minutes
- Ready In 45 minutes
“This is a delicious and easy blueberry cake to make with things that are usually on hand. My Aunt passed this down to me. I have made it with the glaze topping which makes this cake the “bomb”.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons white sugar, or more to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking dish or bundt pan.
Sift 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract and lemon zest; mix into a semi-thick batter.
Toss blueberries with about 2 teaspoons flour in a separate bowl; fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
Bake in the preheated oven until cake is lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
These are your Last Step’s and Options:
*Brush melted butter on top of cake and sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons sugar, Continue to bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 5 to 10 more minutes.
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Teaspoons + Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice (not to thick and not to thin)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon + Fresh lemon zest (Stir in after mixing)
Mix together until super creamy. Actually I like to use my whip to make it creamier.
Drizzle over the entire cake with a spoon. It’s The “BomB”