Having prepared a sprawling mosaic of edible curiosities, and after much feasting of teeny tiny things. Much was savoured by those both with, and …Strawberries and clotted cream, ice cream, cream soda floats. Oldies and goodies
Tag Archives: ice cream
BY: Orgnat Life
Prunes… The Amazing Health Food
Learn about the health benefits of prunes, especially women. It’s to your advantage.
How can you just have 2… Irresistible and Good For You.
Forget the stigma about prunes. They are Yummy Plump dried plums to snack on or to make jams and syrups. We know how to use prunes in recipes! So, we’ve added a couple of our most frequently used recipes.
Nature’s sweet nutritional goodness. Prunes offer fiber, with only 100 calories per serving. On a diet? Prunes help to keep your tummy feeling full for longer.
VACATIION BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII FOR ONLY $39 a NIGHT
What are the health benefits of prunes?
- Prunes can contribute to good health in so many ways! In fact, adding a serving (1/4 cup or 40 grams) of prunes is a healthy part of a balanced daily diet.
- Prunes and Plums may have a fantastic way of protecting the heart. They have been studied for the potential to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Which as you know are major risk factors for heart disease.
- Prunes are low on the glycemic index at just 291 which means they raise the glucose (sugar) levels in your blood slowly, to help avoid spikes in your blood sugar levels and keep your appetite at bay.
- Prunes contain the mineral boron, which can aid in bone health and help with osteoporosis 2.
- Prunes contain potassium, an important mineral that ensures proper functioning of the heart and nerve responses throughout the body.
- Prunes contain vitamin A, which is essential for healthy vision.
- Prunes contain manganese, iron, and plant phenolics, which may help protect the cell membranes from free radical damage.
- Prunes are a good source of both soluble and insoluble fiber. Plus, they are a trusted way to support the digestive tract.
- Numerous studies show that prunes support bone health in postmenopausal women. Prunes contain micronutrients including potassium – a mineral associated with a decreased risk of bone loss and osteoporosis. Prunes also contain magnesium, which is important for bone structure, and vitamin K, which plays an important role in bone mineralization. Additionally, prunes are filled with plant-based compounds called polyphenols, which promote bone health by reducing bone mineral loss.
- GLUTEN FREE
- NO ADDED SUGAR
- Great Snack for Dieters and Diabetics
There are several brands to choose from….. Sun Maid, SUNSWEET, Mariani and most store brands are very good also.
Enjoy… Bon Appetite