As of December 19, 2019 the CDC reports 2,506 reported cases.
Latest Update From The CDC:
- CDC has analyzed national data on use of THC-containing product brands by e-cigarette, or vaping, product use-associated lung injury (EVALI) patients. Overall, 152 different THC-containing product brands were reported by EVALI patients.
- Dank Vapes, a class of largely counterfeit THC-containing products of unknown origin, was the most commonly reported product brand used by patients nationwide, although there are regional differences. While Dank Vapes was most commonly reported in the Northeast and South, TKO and Smart Cart brands were more commonly reported by patients in the West and Rove was more common in the Midwest.
- The data further support that EVALI is associated with THC-containing products and that it is not likely associated with a single THC-containing product brand.
- CDC and FDA recommend that people should not use THC-containing e-cigarette, or vaping, products, particularly from informal sources like friends, family, or in-person or online sellers.
- Vitamin E acetate should not be added to e-cigarette, or vaping, products. Additionally, people should not add any other substances not intended by the manufacturer to products, including products purchased through retail establishments.
- CDC, FDA, and state health authorities have made progress in identifying substances of concern in EVALI. However, there are many different substances and product sources that remain under investigation, and there may be more than one cause.
- The latest national and state data from patient reports and product sample testing suggest THC-containing e-cigarette, or vaping, products, particularly from informal sources like friends, family, or in-person or online dealers, are linked to most of the cases and play a major role in the outbreak.
- While it appears that vitamin E acetate is associated with EVALI, there are many different substances and product sources that are being investigated, and there may be more than one cause.
- Therefore, the best way for people to ensure that they are not at risk while the investigation continues is to consider refraining from the use of all e-cigarette, or vaping, products.
Stop Vaping Today. You just may save your lungs!!!
- DO YOU SUFFER FROM HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE? SODIUM, IT’S IN EVERYTHING…
- HOMEMADE TAMALES, STEP BY STEP
- WHAT IS THE PALEO DIET ALL ABOUT?
- DUDE… WHERE’S MY REFUND!!!
- WARNING: New Coronavirus Symptom Appears On Skin