Your thinking about growing your own? Prescription in a natural plant.
Here are a few steps you can take to get started.
Before you start let’s get everything you’ll need to set up for success.
- Seeds (There are several to choose from)
- Containers ( seedlings can be planted in sprouting cubes or directly into big pots 5 gallon size).
- Soil ( should be light fluffy non fertilized).
- Lights ( depending on how many plants, lighting can be as simple as a regular light bulb for the seedlings to Full Spectrum lighting for growth of vegetation and flowering)
- pH Tester ( very important pH balance of the water should be between: First weeks: 5.8 – 5.9. Pre-bloom: 6.0 – 6.2. Real bloom: 6.0 – 6.3
- Water ( test your water. You can use bottled spring water with no additives.)
Starting your seeds. You’ll need 1 paper towel and a plastic bag or a plate. Good water is necessary for a healthy start.
Place the paper towel in the bowl, plate or plastic bag. Place your seed or seeds in the center. If more than one seed make sure to give plenty of space between the seeds. Gently pour the water over the paper towel and place in a dark place. Check every day. Should only take a couple of days till a little white root appears. Wait until it’s about 1/2 inch long.
After the seed germinates wait until it is 1/2” long. Make a hole about 1 inch deep. A pencil eraser is a measuring tool. Place the root down and the seed cap. Lightly place some fluffy dirt on top and water. Set under the lights about 1” inch above seedling. Don’t turn on the lights until the 2 green leaves appear. Then 18 to 20 hours of light per day.