Important Tests Your Doctor Should Run For Your Annual Physical
IF You Are Over 40 or pregnant, demand these tests be done during your annual physical.
Save A Heart
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR HEALTH. You are the best manager for your health.
- High-Sensitivity C-reactive Protein Test The level of C-reactive protein (CRP), which can be measured in your blood, increases when there’s inflammation in your body. Your doctor might check your C-reactive protein level for infections or for other medical conditions.
- Duplex Ultrasound The purpose of this study is early identification of reduced arteriovenous fistula and Graft blood flow by Doppler ultrasound and evaluation of doppler US as a mean of vascular access blood flow surveillance.
- Electron Beam Computed Tomogram Electron beam tomography (EBT) is a specific form of computed tomography (CT) in which the X-ray tube is not mechanically spun in order to rotate the source of X-ray photons. This different design was explicitly developed to better image heart structures which never stop moving, performing a complete cycle of movement with each heart beat.
- Homocysteine Test A homocysteine test measures the amount of homocysteine in your blood. Homocysteine is a type of amino acid, a chemical your body uses to make proteins. Normally, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, and folic acid break down homocysteine and change it into other substances your body needs. There should be very little homocysteine left in the bloodstream.
- Isotope Treadmill Stress Test An IV is started in your arm before your treadmill stress test. A chemical called an isotope (radioactive substance) will be put in the IV during the test. The isotope sticks to your blood cells and will help show images of your heart and how much blood gets into your heart muscle).
- Fasting blood glucose test The glucose tolerance test, also known as the oral glucose tolerance test, measures your body’s response to sugar (glucose). The glucose tolerance test can be used to screen for type 2 diabetes. More commonly, a modified version of the glucose tolerance test is used to diagnose gestational diabetes — a type of diabetes that develops during pregnancy.
- Colonoscopy A colonoscopy (koe-lun-OS-kuh-pee) is an exam used to detect changes or abnormalities in the large intestine (colon) and rectum.
- DEXA Scan A bone density test determines if you have osteoporosis — a disorder characterized by bones that are more fragile and more likely to break.
- The PSA Test Prostate cancer test for men
Categories: Health, Health & Beauty, Research Learning