Asperger’s Syndrome – School programs
Look at what is being offered at different schools to find out which services your child needs and where you can best find them. Qualities to look for include:
- Small work groups with individual attention.
- A communication specialist with an interest in social skills training.
- Opportunities for social interaction in a structured setting and in supervised activities.
- A concern for teaching real-life skills and encouraging a child’s special interests and talents.
- A willingness to individualize the curriculum.
- A sensitive counselor who can focus on your child’s emotional well-being and serve as a liaison with the family.
- An emphasis on respect for diversity and empathy for students.
If You Are In Or Approaching Retirement And You’ve Got Less Than A Million ($1,000,000) In Your Pension Fund, You’ve Got A BIG Problem
Stay informed about what is happening in your child’s classroom. Frequent communication can be managed with a communication diary that goes back and forth between teacher and parent.