By Chad Rhodes
In 1991, Anita Hill publicly accused then Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas of sexual harassment in the early 1980s.
She spoke the truth and the people still closed their eyes.
- the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.”victims of racial discrimination” · [more]synonyms: prejudice · bias · bigotry · intolerance · narrow-mindedness · unfairness · [more]
- recognition and understanding of the difference between one thing and another.”discrimination between right and wrong” · [more]synonyms: differentiation · distinction · telling the difference
- the ability to discern what is of high quality; good judgment or taste.”those who could afford to buy showed little taste or discrimination”synonyms: discernment · judgment · perception · perceptiveness · [more]
- psychology the ability to distinguish between different stimuli.”discrimination learning”
- electronics the selection of a signal having a required characteristic, such as frequency or amplitude, by means of a discriminator that rejects all unwanted signals.